Wednesday 29 May 2013

Feeling a bit prickly

Morning everyone! I had promissed myself not complaining about how I feel here on my blog as I might scare you off, but today is one of those days when it hurts everywhere and therefore I feel abit prickly. I made something good out of it actually as I needed to rethink my Paper Shelter card for this week and went with a cactus card instead of a fussy and fancy card. Sometimes something not so good can get turned into at least something creative. LoL


The card is actually a part of one of the lovely TPS images. It's half of the motive from "How you're doing?" image. I took it and enlarged it, and did tons of cutting and colouring. If there was one day I really wanted one of those electrical cutters like Cameo or Siluette or what ever they are call them was when I made this card. LoL

The card is coloured with my Letraset family and I have actually not added one single decoration for this card. Instead I went with cutting and raising parts of the image. It's a light card that will easy on postage when I send it to one of my friends around the world. I took some inspiration from the flower pot cards that is around the blogging world when I made the card. And when I thought I was finished I realized how little space it was to write on, I added a flap that at least doubled the writing space. Considering how my last month has been I am fairly happy with my card, even if it might be a little too simple.


However, I hope that I can inspire you to think outside the box a little bit. I love this whole image and I love the look of this cactus, as it somehow reminds of the old Disney drawings. Don't ask me why, it just does, and it suited my mood very well, feeling totally off. And at least it made me smile making it. :)

The gift voucher
As always we have our gift voucher up for grabs this week over at the Paper Shelter. It's worth $30 and it can be yours if you play with any product from the Paper Shelter. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

2 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, Im so sorry that you are having so many problems yet again, I know what you mean about feeling prickly, I do hope the weather starts to improve because at the moment Im just fed up with being cold and wet. A stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxx

Lori Aragon said...

This is totally creative Marie!!! You've put your mind to good use especially when you're not feeling well. I am VERY impressed!!! Praying you feel better soon ♥